Published on August 10th, 2020 | by Brian Hernandez2
Register Today for the 2020 U.S. Pizza Cup, LIVE, October 13th-20th, 2pm CST
The U.S. Pizza Team will play host to the 2020 Virtual U.S. Pizza Cup (VUSPC) on Tuesday, october 20th. Competitors must submit their best photos of a well plated, perfectly baked pizza, along with a “side slice shot” demonstrating crumb structure in the dough.
The VUSPC is designed to reinforce the necessity of great photography for advertising of pizzas, entrees and appetizers to market your brand. Submission pizzas will be judged by a panel of qualified photography and culinary experts on overall eye appeal of the pizza, as well as presentation, plating, and even technical build.
$25 Per Competitor! Sign up today to reserve your spot!!
All submissions must be received by Oct. 13th, 5PM CST. The winners will be announced live on US Pizza Team’s Facebook on Tuesday, October 20th, 2PM CST, along with commentary by several judges on the winning submissions. Third place receives $500, with second place earning $1000 and the grand prize being $1500 and an appearance in PMQ Pizza Magazine for all 3.
For more information, email Brian Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A submission of the picture and recipe description must be provided by the deadline of Oct. 13th at 5PM CST. Submissions will be accepted early but are final when submitted. The winner will be announced LIVE on the USPT Facebook and other social media, Tuesday, October 20th, 2PM CST
- Each Competitor must submit 3 Hi-Res pictures for judging:
- 1 pic of Pizza (plated/realistic presentation)
- 1 Cross section pic of the pizza. Must include the crumb structure in the cornicione and a cross section of ingredients for technical build
- 1 pic of the competitor with the finished pizza (for verification and print if competitor wins)
- Each competitor must submit a full recipe of the pizza including full kitchen measurements of ingredients of toppings for print, video, and social media (sauce and dough exempt)
- Competitor’s pizzas must either be on the menu, or commercially viable, to show the importance of “visual appeal” in a pizzeria’s marketing
- The Pizza must be edible. The recipe must make sense and be something a competitor would sell in their restaurant
- The Virtual U.S. Pizza Cup asks competitors to use #VUSPC and tag pics of the practice, process, and competitor with @uspizzateam, @PizzaTVdotcom and @PMQPizzaMag whenever possible.
- All competitors must be at least 16 years old AND currently work at a pizzeria or foodservice establishment with pizza on the menu.
- There will be a $25 registration fee per competitor
- Only 2 competitors per location
- All submissions must be Hi-Res, or 2-3MB for use in print, video, and other promotional material
- All submissions must arrive no later than Tuesday, October 13th, 5:00PM CST. You can submit as early as you like. All picture submissions should be directed to email@example.com
- No submission will be accepted without a FULL completion of the registration form and confirmation of all rules and regulations
- All submissions will be judged by a panel of photography and culinary industry professionals on the pizza’s visual appeal, structural build, and presentation
- The presentation criteria are based on an “achievable presentation” in your restaurant
- Only the pizzeria logo is allowed in the photo
- Top ten finalists will be notified beforehand and asked to join the online event if possible, for live conversation
By registering for the ’20 VUSPC, you agree to permission for the use of your picture, likeness recipe, and pizzeria logo for use in print, video and social media to PMQ Inc.
All submissions must be received by Oct. 13thth. The winners will be announced live on US Pizza Team’s Facebook on Tuesday, October 20th, 2PM CST, along with commentary by several judges on the winning submissions. Third place receives $500, with second place earning $1000 and the grand prize being $1500 and an appearance in PMQ Pizza Magazine.