Published on March 3rd, 2021 |
by Brian Hernandez
’21 Virtual Acrobatic Pizza Spinning Championship, Apr. 21 & May 5
The U.S. Pizza Team will host the Virtual Acrobatic Pizza Spinning Championships LIVE!
Submit your 3-minute routine with good lighting, sound, and spectacular spinning by April 21st, 2021, for your chance to win cash prizes and the title of Acrobatic Spinning Champion.
All submissions must be received by April 21st. Five finalists will be selected from the submissions and will battle it out live on the US Pizza Team’s Facebook on Wednesday, May 5th. Third place receives $500, with second place earning $1000 and the grand prize being $1500 and an appearance in PMQ Pizza Magazine.
For more information about the VAPSC, rules and registration, contact Brian Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-234-5481 x129.
CLICK HERE to download rules!
2021 Virtual Acrobatic Pizza Spinning Championship
• Must be 16 years or older AND work in a pizzeria or restaurant that serves pizza to be eligible to compete.
• All submissions must be received at email@example.com by April 21st. Finalists will be chosen and informed to be ready to perform live on May 5th. (Final date is subject to change. May be extended and prerecorded to allow for best quality of performance for each competitor)
• Finals will be broadcast and winners announced live May 5th without prior knowledge of any competitor. All finalists are required to be available.
• Each competitor will submit a preliminary routine. Routine will be 3 minutes long and must be recorded with good lighting, video quality and sound quality.
• Each submission will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT POST your routine prior to the finals on May 5th.
• Routines will be assessed and judges by a panel of qualified acrobatic judges with either experience spinning or experience in participating in and or judging prior acrobatic events.
• All finalists will be required to be available on the LIVE reveal broadcast date (May 5th). They will be asked to comment and participate in the conversation about the event prior to and after the reveal.
• All routines are required to be 3 minutes long at the max. Routines may be shorter than 3 minutes. You must make a song selection and submit a recording of your routine with music to email@example.com by April 21st. Should there be any copyright issues for your song selection, we will overdub the routine with a similar royalty-free song. This will only happen should copyright issues occur before or after broadcast. Please choose or adjust your song to avoid any copyright issues prior to being broadcast live.
• All routines must use real dough. You may incorporate synthetic dough in your routine, but you will be docked 5 points off the total score of your routine if any synthetic dough is used. Acrobatic dough recipes will be made available upon request.
• Scoring will be based on 5 categories: Difficulty; Dexterity & Handwork; Technique & Originality; Power Moves & Combos; and Entertainment Value
• All competitors and submissions, should they not make the finals, will be included in a montage videos of all competitors to be broadcast during the live reveal.
• All competitors give PMQ Inc., Pizza TV and the U.S. Pizza Team rights to use their likenesses, and routines online in websites, social media platforms and posts and print media.
• All finalists will get a mention in the print version of PMQ Pizza Magazine, as well as on the U.S. Pizza Team, Pizza TV and PMQ.com
websites and Facebook pages. They will also receive a press release for personal distribution in their regional markets.
We are very excited for the ’21 Virtual Acrobatic Pizza Spinning Championships! It is time to get back out and start competing again. We look forward to seeing many great routines from new spinners, as well as seasoned veterans!
For more information about the VAPSC, rules and registration, visit www.uspizzateam.com/vapsc, or contact Brian Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-234-5481 x129.